Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thinking/Rethinking

I thought this handout was quite informative. I completely understand how you can "feel" what you want to perform, or "see" how you want the project to come out, but then actually making that feeling or vision happen is a different story. Going through the process can be tiresome, but once you explore all the avenues you can cross off what doesn't work. It's almost like trying on clothes. You see something on the rack that looks super cute, but once you try it on it fits completely different. OR, you see something on the rack that doesn't look appealing, but once you try it on (after haggling with your mother) it looks and feels great. ( I realize that this is a very girlish analogy, but bare with me). In the end, the packet shows that everyone can take a different path to get to the same situation, and I think this is important when working with a diverse group of people. 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I shall comment here because I can't think of anywhere else. Here's an article that you might be interested in. I know there's a way for you to get it in English, but I'm not sure how.

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/kultur/artikel/520/154123/