Thursday, May 8, 2008

HEAD ON!

Well, well, well.....what to blog, what to blog...  The experience watching this film was quite interesting because a group of us from the class had just seen Fair Play. It was amazing how they connected together by the use of rewinding to the beginning of the story. Everyone was making jokes exclaiming, "Fair Play Deuce!". 
What I also noticed was how Europe really has nothing against nudity. I mean, nothing. Literally. I can't even count how many nude scenes there were! I'm not sure if I enjoyed it or was confused by it! They all seem to sit around nude and talk. Which to me just seemed weird...put some clothes on! You're penis is in the way of the dialog!
Now, I actually enjoyed this film and thought it was engaging to watch, but I am somewhat confused on the reasons we were to view this movie. I understand that there were a couple of racist references against the Turkish, such as, the bus scene where the driver asks them to get off. But other than that I'm not sure what exactly we are to take away from the film. 
So, overall, a joy and experience to watch, but WHY this was required as an assignment, a little confused. 

2 comments:

anjawonderwoman said...

amen to all of the above

Rachel said...

the bus driver was Turkish, just fyi. But I agree, this movie isn't even set in Berlin